For applications such as toilet flushing, laundry, dishwashing or irrigation, it is a real waste of energy and resources to use high quality potable water. With a Desah system water consumption at the neighborhood level is directly reduced by integrating water-efficient toilets and recycling non-potable water. Moreover, cost, energy and resource savings will benefit both municipalities and residents.
The Desah system gives a district a robust and safe tool to be ready for the future.
- Total 25% drinking water savings
- Additional drinking water savings by recycling non-potable water
- Fertilizers can be recovered from wastewater
- More effective removal of micropollutants
- Local reuse for maintaining green spaces
- Delivers 10-30% of energy needed for heating homes
- Fits in the fossil-free neighborhood
- Wastewater treatment is energy neutral
Desah has several reference projects in the Netherlands and Sweden and where this concept has been demonstrated for 30 – 1000 houses. A Desah project in Sweden has won the 2022 Global Water Award for Wastewater Project of the Year for the greatest innovation in compact sustainable wastewater treatment.